Thursday, August 23, 2007

Dress to Impress!!!

With only a month left to before my tournament, diet and work outs haven't been getting any easier. I have lost 3 lbs so far and I have 11 to go, so I don't think it will be too hard to get there. I just miss my snacks while watching tv at night on the couch with Aimee. She is dieting too so it makes it easier for the both of us to eat clean. I am so proud of her for working so hard and being so dedicated to my training. I couldn't do it without her help. Speaking of my wonderful Aimee...she surprised me today with a sweet pair of grappling shorts made by my favorite gear...TapouT. Their website it http://www.tapout.com/, so check out some of the clothing they have. She is so awesome!!!! Thank you sweetheart!

While at training this week, I worked a little more on what to expect at the tournament. I learned that no matter who I am paired up with, they are going to be just a nervous as I am and when the bell rings, they are going to size me up until they feel comfortable. What I learned is not to let them size me up and go full steam ahead to scare the mess out of them and lower their confidence even more. I learned a couple tricks from experience competitors at my training facility, so I look forward to putting those tricks to good use. Over the next four weeks, I am going to work mainly on my take downs as I feel that is the week point of my game right now. I feel really confident in other positions, but need to work on nailing a few submissions. It is a load of work and a lot of fun so I am looking forward to the end result.

Aimee made a good point, that even though I am working my tail off to come out a winner, it is my first tournament and what I need to take most from it is a learning experience. I know that I want to beat everyone out there, and I surely would hate to lose my first two matches of a double elimination tournament, but I need to remember that this is not the last but the first tournament experience for me. I am glad that I have her on my side because she is a great team player. I am also very excited to hear that Scott will be in my corner as well. He will be in town that weekend and it will surely give me more comfort/confidence knowing that I have family there who cares about me and wants to see me succeed. Thank you Scott!

No comments: