Sunday, August 19, 2007

I have to cut 14 pounds in a month!!!


Hello all! It is time to get serious. I have until 8:00pm on Friday September 21st to cut 14 pounds. The good thing is that I get to weigh in the night before, so whatever body fat I can't cut, I will lose in water weight. With my past history of personal training, I have designed a work out program that consists of weight training, conditioning and a strict diet.

Weight Training: My goal is to build up as much muscle endurance to last 3 (3) minute rounds with my opponent with only a minute rest between each round. I will have to incorporate push/pull exercises to mimic the movements that will take place during the match.

5/15's: All these exercises will be done as quickly and correctly as possible within 3 minutes with only 30 seconds of rest inbetween using dumbells for 5 rounds total. The weight of the dumbell will increase as weeks go on. The exercises in this routine consist of:

Bent Over Rows
Upright Rows
Overhead Press
Goodmornings
Lunges -right leg in front
Lunges - left leg in front
Squat/Curl/Overhead Press
Dead Lifts

Conditioning: Each conditioning training exercise is done once a day everyday to help me lose the weight that I need and to gain endurance through the whole fight.

Running: 3+ miles either on the running trail, road or treadmill.

Heavy Bag: (5) 3 minute rounds with 1 minute rest in between. I will work on combinations and follow it up with consecutive power punched to built my punching strength endurance.

Jump Rope: (3) 3 minute rounds with 1 minute rest in between.

Diet: I have designed a diet that is high in protein and low in fats and sugars. It also consists of minimal carbs to allow me to complete the exercises without gassing out.

Breakfast: 12 Egg whites
Snack: Protein Shake
Lunch: Chicken/Fish w/ rice
Snack: Protein Shake
Dinner: Chicken/Lean Red Meat w/ vegatables or Chicken Salad

Cutting Water Weight:

I am expecting to cut about 8 lbs with my diet which should be pretty easy if I stick to the food source I have planned. My main objective is to cut body fat and not lose any muscle to after weigh-ins, I can eat some carbohydrates to gain energy for the next day and pedialite so I can hydrate myself quickly. I have from 8pm on the 21st until 11:00am on the 22nd to do this.

Cutting the water weight will consist of this plan:

5,4, & 3 days prior to fight: I will drink 2 gallons of water to get my body on a reguar routine to flush everything out of my system.

2 days prior: I will drink only a gallon of water, but will still be using the bathroom a lot to flush out the water, being that my body will be used to it. I will also take a laxative to rid any food left in my digestive tract.

24 hours prior: I will cut all water and food consumption and spend some time exercising with heavy clothing on to flush out more water or hit the sauna if that doesn't work quick enough and sweat it out

WEIGH IN: Hopefully at 160 or below. I am going to over shoot just incase my scale reads a little higher than theirs.

After weigh in: I will drink pedialite to rehydrate myself and eat every 2 hours nothing but carbs such as pasta and bread. The morning of, I will eat some high energy foods such as honey and an energy bar or two.

No comments: